• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full-screen pop-up ads

N32CP

Lurker
I just bought a Pixel 3 XL to replace my old Galaxy S5. On the Pixel, I get full-screen pop-up ads right in the middle of using an app. It happens on many apps. It doesn't appear to be related to the app itself because it happens on apps that I have written myself and downloaded to the phone directly from Android Studio. Has anyone else seen this behavior? If so do you know how to stop it? (I have disabled notifications on all the apps, but that didn't help.)

I just bought a Pixel 3 XL to replace my old Galaxy S5. On the Pixel, I get full-screen pop-up ads right in the middle of using an app. It happens on many apps. It doesn't appear to be related to the app itself because it happens on apps that I have written myself and downloaded to the phone directly from Android Studio. Has anyone else seen this behavior? If so do you know how to stop it? (I have disabled notifications on all the apps, but that didn't help.)

It 'has' to be from an app you have downloaded. And if the app was 'bad' enough, you would see pop up adds no matter what you do. I would try to single out likely apps, disable them, and see if adds stop. Might take some trial and error.

Back
Top Bottom