• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full size or compact??

kwaping

I'd been waiting for the new Moto X, but these two Xperia Z3s came out of nowhere to blow it out of the competition! So now my only remaining question is - full-size or compact??

I *love* that the compact has nearly the same specs - awesome move, Sony! But I'm starting to think that maybe I do actually want the bigger screen, especially for Playstation gaming.

Help me decide, Phandroid!

(Also, editors, please get me a Z3/Z3c/X comparo, ASAP!)

Lol at the z3 outa nowhere this choice is harsh on me as well, I am a Motorola fanboi but like Sony as well... Can you imagine pulling out your sony slate from your breast pocket leather gloves still on, or taking underwater shots while snorkeling. 4k vids of nothing because you can while paying 20 bucks a month on T-Mobile. Sounds compelling

The compact has 2G of RAM and the full-size has 3G. Is that a difference you can feel, or is that just specs on a sheet?

completly down to usage as your not gonna get short changed either way!
i suspect the 3gb of ram is just a spec on a sheet- i have the z3 compact and just like it the xperia z i had before it 2gb doesn't seem to be a limiting factor- android seems to manage with 2gb just fine.
big screen or middle size screen, take you pick lol

It's down to whether you prefer a 4.6" 720p or 5.2" 1080p display, or if the 32GB version of the Z3 is available to you. In every other way the two devices are identical.

Also the navigation bar reduces the actual display size for apps- unless it can be hid while using apps.

Seems the 5.2" is the best overall choice- IMO.

I'd like to get my hands on that compact, but I haven't heard any word of it coming to Verizon, let alone the States. I wish it was smaller than 4.6 though. I don't consider that size compact at all. I recently powered up my old HTC Incredible. I kind of miss that size. :)

Back