• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2x Stock SMS App

iancdub

Lurker
Aug 28, 2011
Ok, so I rooted my G2x a few months back and have since not been able to receive picture messages or any form of MMS and I think it's due to the fact that I deleted the stock SMS app in favor of Go SMS Pro. The problem is that I didn't back the app up and every apk download I've found won't install. I really hope to avoid unrooting just to get the app back but in if that's what I have to do to get MMS back, so be it. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Ok, so I rooted my G2x a few months back and have since not been able to receive picture messages or any form of MMS and I think it's due to the fact that I deleted the stock SMS app in favor of Go SMS Pro. The problem is that I didn't back the app up and every apk download I've found won't install. I really hope to avoid unrooting just to get the app back but in if that's what I have to do to get MMS back, so be it. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

when restoring the apps you will have to set the permission, but you might want to look threw a backup rom if one is available and pull the aok and odex file and put it in you/system/app if that where it was from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones