• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i Firmware Update Help

dmmackay

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
Hey Everyone,
I just got my 1st "Smartphone" ....
Not Quite what I was Hoping for .. With all the Preinstalled Apps which are not much value to me...

Gotta be something better than what's installed - So I Appreciate ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, Thanking you ALL in Advance...

I NEVER bought a Phone, to "Activate with a Service Plan" but something to:

*Connect to WiFi
*Install a couple of Apks/Apps? - like Hangouts, Google Voice, etc... Something to Connect to Hotspots and make some free calls/ texts/ and maybe a bit of Surfing...

I think the 1st Thing is to get rid of all the Clutter to make this "Smartphone"- WORK FOR ME.

Please, if you can offer some Suggestions, (Detailed Instructions Please) ...on What to Install and HOW?
I've watched a few Videos and I seem to have TROUBLE with ALMOST EVERYTHING...
KIES and ODIN - can't validate/Verify or something...

When Plugged into my Desktop... I Don't seem to be getting anywhere with that!- Though I thought I downloaded a couple of Windows Updates.

NOT SURE if I know how to download/COPY a Program/firmare onto an SD CARD and RUN/Install it on the Smartphone -

I've Done a few Hard Resets.
Not Sure about Rooting...-(Similar to a Hard Reset but Different Option in Boot Menu?)!

Please, Lets Get Started... Here some of the SPECS:

PLATFORM
OS Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM7227 Snapdragon S1
CPU 800 MHz ARM 11
GPU Adreno 200

Any other Information needed?

Last edited by a moderator:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones