• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Gear just went Tango Uniform. HELP!

Strings

Aug 15, 2010
www.bacaworld.org
Ok, some background. Have had my Galaxy Gear for several months (picked it up JUST before the Gear 2 hit US Cellular stores). Haven't had any major issues with it in all that time.

Last night, I popped it in the cradle after getting home (had been fine all day). A few minutes later, my phone tells me the Gear has disconnected: no biggie, it'll do that occassionally and then reconnect. This time, it didn't... and when I checked it, it is bricked. Doesn't power on, nothing.

Taking it into the USC store, but I'm not hopeful about their response. Figured I'd see if anyone here could give me a clue

I had a GALAXY GEAR 1 do the same thing & it ended up being a defective camera that somehow affected the ability to charge, which in turn, of course,also ended up TANGO UNIFORM.

SAMSUNG repaired it by replacing the camera module.

Anyhoo, bottom line, it's still covered by the warranty.
I'd start w/the point of purchase, see if they'll exchange/replace it.
If not, SAMSUNG will no doubt honor the warranty.

Upvote 0
Sorry... forgot to update.

Ended up going through Sammy's online helpdesk. After FINALLY getting them to understand that it would NOT power up (THAT took forever: it's like they thought a factory restore could be done without power), I got a mailing lable

Took maybe a week. The camera side band (and battery) were replaced, and she's working fine

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones