• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2X

Megaxyu

Sorry if this has already been posted but the search function seems to not want to work for me.

I am signing a contract with Telus within the next week and have two options the Galaxy nexus or the S2X

Aside from the fact that the nexus comes with ICS already and the better screen, what other advantages does it have. At this point I am leaning more towards the S2X on the count of the better camera and the Micro SD card slot.

What will not having a Micro SD card slot prevent me from doing (aside from obvious memory expansion i.e load custom soft etc.)

ICS is coming to the S2X soon enough... sooner if you root :). What I want to know is any other reasons. On paper it seems that the Nexus has the better screen and that

Galaxy S2 will get ICS. The alpha versions of official update for Samsung is already available. Lots of bugs since its not yet official release, but if you want to be a tester go ahead.

Galaxy S2 also has a better chipset (it uses Exynos, which at the same clockspeed is faster than the TI OMAP on the Nexus) and has a better graphics chip, since the S2 uses the newer Mali-400, and the Nexus uses the same 2 year old graphics chip the Galaxy S1 used. Also, the Nexus does not have a mass storage mode when connecting to PC, and it also does not have an expandable SD card, both of which are available to the Galaxy S2.

The S2X (Hercules) uses a Qualcomm 1.5 Ghz dual core processor. I wanted to specifically discuss this version of the Samsung galaxy as these are the options that are available through this provider.

The external speaker is much louder on the SII. The headphone jack is on the bottom of the device on the nexus and top of the SII. The battery lasts longer on the SII and the phone is much thinner. I don't mind touchwiz either due to hardware acceleration, wifi and various options in your notification bar, music lock screen controls, text message lock screen viewing and the ability to quickly swipe left or right on someone's name to call or text them. I prefer the SII.

Maybe someone could chime in on the importance of the SD card slot. I mean aside from the obvious ability to have more space on the phone. I am not familiar with android yet. Am I going to lose any functionality without an SD card slot?

ive had the samsung galaxy s2 x from telus for about 2 months now, hands down is amazing. my brother picked one up the next day. cant wait until it get ics, itll be far more surperior. everything about it is great :D

G Nexus,

Because it looks sexier (The white version that is), with software buttons and Pure ICS > TouchWiz nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom