• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy note says it's not connected but it is

Hi,
I have 2 galaxy note 10.1 2014s.
One has stopped communicating with the cloud.
It says that it. It's connected to the wireless router but apps such as Facebook, Yahoo mail, Google play and Gmail all claim that there is no network.
I can Skype though and sometimes use chrome so I don't think out is the router causing problems. It has plenty of grunt and has a number of laptops, tablets and phones connected.
I have a also tried to connect it to my mobile hot spot on with the same results.
I've tried a few of the suggestions such as flushing caches, forgetting network etc.
The other note is working fine as you can see.
Cheers Bryan

It's definitely not a problem with the router. It's definitely a problem with the Note. Exactly what the problem is, though, is probably impossible to diagnose through the forum - it's all going to be guesswork.

Try power-cycling the tab. Turn the power off. (You can't remove the battery AFAIK, but "off" should hardware reset the wifi radio.) Wait about 5 minutes, then turn it on and try again. You've already forgotten the connection and reset it - that would be the next thing to to try and that's not the problem. If you have a McDonalds near you (who doesn't) or any other public wifi hotspot, try connecting with their public wifi and see if it works there. (I'm betting it doesn't.)

At that point, if the tab is still under warranty, it's time for it to take a trip to Samsung. Try a Best Buy - most of them have Samsung people working at a Samsung desk in the cellphone area, and if they can't fix it [they have some software tools we don't] they''ll handle sending it in for you, and they'll notify you when it's back (and check it out before you leave, so if the repair was screwed up they can send it back with a "nicely-worded" note.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones