• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S or HTC Desire S

ah almost forgot there is galaxy s plus which has better proc and better ram

Hey, the galaxy S plus is not available in my country. As far as the optimus black is concerned, I do not like it. :eek: Stupid phone. audio quality is not good and I do not prefer LG brand.

the galaxy S plus and the galaxy S both have 512 memory and the graphics processor of the galaxy S is more powerfull than the Galaxy S plus. (PowerVR 540 > Adreno 205).

Upvote 0
Hey, the galaxy S plus is not available in my country. As far as the optimus black is concerned, I do not like it. :eek: Stupid phone. audio quality is not good and I do not prefer LG brand.

the galaxy S plus and the galaxy S both have 512 memory and the graphics processor of the galaxy S is more powerfull than the Galaxy S plus. (PowerVR 540 > Adreno 205).

Hey Irfan88 which phone did you buy?

Am also confused bet the Galaxy S and Desire S.

Kindly let me know which is better?

Upvote 0
Hey Irfan88 which phone did you buy?

Am also confused bet the Galaxy S and Desire S.

Kindly let me know which is better?

hey,

I bought myself a samsung galaxy S i9000. I was also confused between the desire S and the galaxy S but atlast I made the decision ( and a correct one too). The phone is fast. It comes pre-installed with gingerbread 2.3.3. Trust me, you will love the AMOLED display. the SLCD displays of desire S are nowhere near to the super AMOLED of the galaxy S. watching movies on it is too much fun. the phone has a better graphics processor compared to the desire S.

take my word, go with the Galaxy S i9000. You will be happy with it.:)

Upvote 0
hey,

I bought myself a samsung galaxy S i9000. I was also confused between the desire S and the galaxy S but atlast I made the decision ( and a correct one too). The phone is fast. It comes pre-installed with gingerbread 2.3.3. Trust me, you will love the AMOLED display. the SLCD displays of desire S are nowhere near to the super AMOLED of the galaxy S. watching movies on it is too much fun. the phone has a better graphics processor compared to the desire S.

I just had a run in with my friend's brand new Desire S a while ago, and the Display on my Galaxy SL is even better than the one on the HTC. Or it could be because of his "fingerprint repellant" screen protector though.

Upvote 0
hey,

I have almost made my decision to buy galaxy S. But still worried about ICS update.

Did u run any games? Where did u buy it ?

Upvote 0
I have almost made my decision to buy galaxy S. But still worried about ICS update.

Did u run any games? Where did u buy it ?

You'll never get a phone if you keep worrying about ICS updates for these two phones. No one knows, and since ICS will only be released for Nexus devices later this year, it will be still next year before we learn which of the two phones will get ICS.

The only phones we know to most likely get the ICS updates are the dual core beasts like SGS2. The single core phones like Desire S and Galaxy S are still on question.

Upvote 0
You'll never get a phone if you keep worrying about ICS updates for these two phones. No one knows, and since ICS will only be released for Nexus devices later this year, it will be still next year before we learn which of the two phones will get ICS.

The only phones we know to most likely get the ICS updates are the dual core beasts like SGS2. The single core phones like Desire S and Galaxy S are still on question.

Does Galaxy S has cynogen or any mod support?

Upvote 0
hey,

How did you get a preinstalled Galaxy S with Gingerbread? This is not a Nexus S or Galaxy S Plus, or is that phone a preloved one that someone has already flashed an update to it?

Upvote 0
hey,

hey how much RAm is available to user in Galaxy S?

Upvote 0
If the Galaxy S came with Eclair or Froyo, I would have definitely picked the Desire S over it. But if the Galaxy S came with Gingerbread, I would give it the advantage over the Desire S, though not by much.

Frankly my experience with HTC has been quite solid while the Galaxy S is haunted by software issues in its Eclair form. I only got my Galaxy S updated to Froyo and never the chance to move to Gingerbread since I gave it since to my daughter who didn't have a problem with it since then. I do have the Nexus S, which is actually a Galaxy S in another form with the vanilla Gingerbread, and Gingerbread finally completes the broken piece in the design. It is so much better phone than the Eclair/Galaxy S, despite having virtually identical specs and hardware except for the SD slot. The Nexus S is also another phone I would recommend.

Upvote 0
If the Galaxy S came with Eclair or Froyo, I would have definitely picked the Desire S over it. But if the Galaxy S came with Gingerbread, I would give it the advantage over the Desire S, though not by much.

Frankly my experience with HTC has been quite solid while the Galaxy S is haunted by software issues in its Eclair form. I only got my Galaxy S updated to Froyo and never the chance to move to Gingerbread since I gave it since to my daughter who didn't have a problem with it since then. I do have the Nexus S, which is actually a Galaxy S in another form with the vanilla Gingerbread, and Gingerbread finally completes the broken piece in the design. It is so much better phone than the Eclair/Galaxy S, despite having virtually identical specs and hardware except for the SD slot. The Nexus S is also another phone I would recommend.

I wanted to buy Nexus S but its not available now.

Upvote 0
its around 329 MB user available RAM after gingerbread is installed on it.

and regarding the gingerbread, I bought this as a new phone. Its the international version GT i9000 and yes, gingerbread came pre installed on it.

:cool:

Hey are you facing any problems with the phone?

have you installed any games?

Are there any andriod update available fr the phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones