• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 cable to tv

mello35

HI I am inquiring on the availability of a cable to connect my GS3 to my Samsung tv to watch movies that I have saved to my SD card. If so advise and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks guys this forum is very informative and I appreciate all the help and info I can get.:rolleyes:

Hello mello!

I've not tried this myself but from what I understand the GS3 doesn't support the MHL standard and instead has a propitiatory pinout on the MicroUSB.

This therefore means that you have to get a special cable that supports the GS3 to HDMI. I found some on Amazon here.

Good luck!

PS: I moved this to the GS3 forum since it may be more helpful to other people there. Thank you for understanding!

I found some cables on Ebay and Amazon various prices and mostly shipped from Asia (MHL to HDMI Adapter for GS3).
My follow up question is does it have to be a Samsung brand or a generic brand can be used once its labled for the GS3? :confused:

hi, i bought one of these leads off ebay and it didnt work. I looked into it a bit further and its something to do with the "pin configuration" used ? There is another thread about this with alot more info. I have been told that the genuine Samsung lead is ok ,but again find the other thread it explains more in case you waste your money like me :)

Back
Top Bottom