• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy s3 new user help

viisign

Nov 7, 2010
I bought the galaxy s3 garnet red with at&t (I'm new to at&t also). I have a problem with the battery. the cell standby is draining 84% of my battery. while the others are under 10%. i don't like the phone being dead before i get a chance to even use it. is there anyone out there that can help me figure out what i can do so my battery wont die within 5 hrs of cell standby time??? I bought it on July 26th. first couple weeks were great, then after that the phone wont last at all. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

actually i get plenty of signal where i live.so i don't understand. i figured out to put the phone on flight mode plane mode whatever and it will last a very long time. but the problem is i wont be able to use the phone until i turn flight mode off. but i can use the web while on wifi that is it.

anyone out there know what to do about this???i really don't care to leave my phone on flight mode all the time cause i don't wanna miss a phone call!! but i like to have my battery last more then 5 hrs!! and i shouldnt have to take this phone back to get another one....when another one would give me problems as well.

Upvote 0
i took it to att and they looked up the info on the cpu and said thats its a bug with no fix in the works right now. so i was doing some research on my phone. i found in the settings , developer options, limit background processes. i turned that option to 0 background processes. and some reason my phone can last up to 12 hrs with heavy use now?? and with some semi heavy use, a day and a half.... wierd?? but that seemed to work a bit. and i have always had it on kill apps every time i exit a app.

Upvote 0
Silly ? but I will go ahead, I just brought my Gallaxy 3 after having my Iphone 4 and I could transfer my pics to my pc or ipad easy with the usb cable that came with it. I don't have one with my gallaxy 3, how do I transfer pic from phone to PC and does anyone know how to sent more than one pic at a time? Also do we always have to get 3 pics of the same pic each time we take a pic? Thanks for all your help, wondering if I should go back to Iphone! Help!

Upvote 0
As a (relatively) new S3 user, going from HTC, there is one thing that bugs me about this phone.

Multitasking.

With HTC Sense (Desire HD), I could use the pull down tab and jump between applications back and forth. With the S3, it seems that pressing down the Home button brings up the taskbar on the right. It's OK, but it's not quite the same, or as quick to use.

Is the Home button my only option for multi-tasking? Say, between email, browser (my browser of choice is Maxthon), a game, etc?

Upvote 0
Silly ? but I will go ahead, I just brought my Gallaxy 3 after having my Iphone 4 and I could transfer my pics to my pc or ipad easy with the usb cable that came with it. I don't have one with my gallaxy 3, how do I transfer pic from phone to PC and does anyone know how to sent more than one pic at a time? Also do we always have to get 3 pics of the same pic each time we take a pic? Thanks for all your help, wondering if I should go back to Iphone! Help!

Use the USB cable that came with the phone and plug into your PC. Mount it as a storage device and navigate to your photos folder. Copy and paste freely. Or if you want something more simplified, download kies, which is the Samsung sync utility. The 3 photos at one time is a camera setting that you may have turned on. Look in your camera for a single-shot mode to disable the 3 shots at once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones