• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 won't Hard reset! Model SPH-L710

Here's what's going on. I made a youtube video.

I do the recovery mode, wipe, yes, then i see the Android dude laying on his back with a red triangle with an exclamation point sticking out of his belly. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this so the phone will boot all the way up? Every time upon booting it does Samsung, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Blue spinning wheel for a second, Orange Boost Mobile Logo Animation, 4G LTE, then Samsung Logo with blue lighting slowly strobing/accenting behind the "Samsung". The charging light is also slowly strobing blue as well. That's where is stops every time.

Boost is the service provider and I have called them as well as Samsung support. They have no idea other than to tell me what I've been doing already...

Anyone have any idea on how to get around this?

Have tried Heimdall-frontend and it crashes every time. Kies won't read it. Odin won't work on Mac as far as I;ve read. Running Mac 10.7.4.

Thanks.

I don't have access to a Windows computer, but I did just follow this guys instructions and now have Odin working on my mac. Now I just need to find the correct firmware. Anyone know where to get that from?

I don't think Boost releases it's firmware that is why when you go to Sammobile and look up SPH-L710 all you find listed is Sprint firmware. The link I posted above is for 4.4.2 NJ2. I'll do some more searching and see if I find Odin flashable Boost firmware

Back
Top Bottom