• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S5 compatibility with ATT LTE

robhir

Lurker
I want to purchase a factory-unlocked phone to use with LTE on the ATT network in the USA. (I will actually be connecting to an MVNO rather than going straight to ATT... for better prices.) I'm trying to figure out which models of phone are compatible. I like the hardware features of the Galaxy S5, but I read a phone review on Amazon. It said the user could not connect to LTE with the G900F. I've had trouble confirming or refuting this info through numerous Google searches. Can anyone shed some light on this?

If the available, factory-unlocked S5 models are not compatible, can anyone recommend a similar alternative?

AT&T 4G LTE operates on AWS 700/850/1900 MHZ. The G900F lacks the 700 which is what AT&T primarily uses for LTE. Here is a link to a post on the AT&T forums regarding this S5 model. Your best bet would be the G900A, which is the S5 actually carried by AT&T(Will also work flawlessly on T-Mobile). You can find it unlocked on Amazon as well. And, here is a link to where you can see the different S5 models and their frequencies.

Thank you Alexizawesome! Your name is true. I continued my research and reached the same conclusion. I didn't have much prior knowledge of cellphone bands. I just ordered a G900A from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom