• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S5 firmware upgrade encountered issue

spray83

Lurker
Hi there ,

im looking for some android hero help !

Samsung Galaxy S5
model sm-g900f
ssn -g900fgsmh
fcc id a3lsmg900f

i installed a screen from aliexpress, screen works, phone did not boot, i thought i needed a firmware, now i have this screen:(

i cant do it on my own i need some help from the expert:) please

thank you so much for any help kind regards

Attachments

• 20180420_080314.jpg
    20180420_080314.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 772
[QUOyes, but i need to know wich firmware, i already tried 2 diffrents ones and keep getting the failed message :(TE="Xavier Black, post: 7746406, member: 1890353"]That means is bricked..just flash the firmware and you will he good..[/QUOTE]

Hi there ,

Samsung Galaxy S5
model sm-g900f
ssn -g900fgsmh
fcc id a3lsmg900f

i installed a screen from aliexpress, screen works, phone did not boot, i thought i needed a firmware, now i have this screen
:(

Just replacing the screen shouldn't mean you need flash firmware, assuming it was working before the screen was damaged. Did Aliexpress supply you with the exact correct screen for the phone?

Was it not booting before, and if so what caused it not to boot?

Just replacing the screen shouldn't mean you need flash firmware, assuming it was working before the screen was damaged. Did Aliexpress supply you with the exact correct screen for the phone?

Was it not booting before, and if so what caused it not to boot?

i recieved new screen from aliexpress, the phone did work and screen, but it was locked from the previous seller, so i booted up the phone in special mode and performed a factory reset, then the phone booted but stayed stuck in the samsung logo, ........

then i thought i just flash the firmware,,,....

now i am stuck with this problem :(

Try removing the battery. Wait a few seconds and put the battery back in.
Use the button combination to boot into recovery. If I remember correctly, the second or third line should show the current firmware version.
While in recovery, try factory reset again.

@ Jfalls63

srry it goes straight to the screenshot i did in the beginning of the post.

Attachments

• 20180420_080314.jpg
    20180420_080314.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 214
Press and hold power, volume up and home till phone starts to boot, then release the power button only while continue to hold the other two should take you to recovery.
Another thing to try would be the Software Update and Initialization option with Kies3 or Smart Switch.
It will select the correct firmware for your phone based on the model number and SN.
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

I googled one more time

I found the stock for my country

It worked

:)

Thx all for the help

Attachments

• 1524229856225612559214.jpg
    1524229856225612559214.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 214
Hi there ,

Samsung Galaxy S5
model sm-g900f
ssn -g900fgsmh
fcc id a3lsmg900f

i installed a screen from aliexpress, screen works, phone did not boot, i thought i needed a firmware, now i have this screen:(

Samsung have provided a PC application for errors such as this occuring. All you have to do is connect the device with the pc with the application and the phone should detect its in emergency recovery mode (if not in the tools or options menu there should be an option called emergency device recovery) and will install and upload a new version of the firmware needed

Best of luck to you
G Andre W

Back
Top Bottom