• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy sII x with ics?

Steve Adams

I think I can push for an upgrade so I was thinking about getting the sII x. Will ics be available for this phone and will it have all the features of the nexus that's being shown around on the net?

No it will not come with ics. It should get it down the road though. I got the s2 from Telus on release. Love it! The nexus is close in specs with the s2, depends how long you want to wait I guess.

I'm going with the s2x. The upgradeable storage and removable battery are the deal sealer. The nexus is awesome but the s2 is sweet. And will make a great complement to my archos tab and iPhone.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but...

A rep at Telus told me that March or April is the official date for ICS on the S II X.

March or April? I was hoping it would be sooner than that... I have ICS on my tablet and love it!

Of course, I love my SIIx to pieces even without ICS... but ICS would make it even better ;)

Bugger... Still no update. It's tempting to just do a manual upgrade since I have superuser access... Might as well wait I guess. Wish cyanogen mod was supported for the SII X.

ICS should be out in May.

Bugger... Still no update. It's tempting to just do a manual upgrade since I have superuser access... Might as well wait I guess. Wish cyanogen mod was supported for the SII X.

ICS should be out in May.

My understanding is that the SII X is the same as the T-Mobile SII...Maybe they can help with rooting?

Personally, I won't root until my warranty is up. I got my phone the day it was released, so I've got six months ;)

I am loving ICS on this phone! The only complaint I have is that I can't access my contacts through the dialer anymore.

Back
Top Bottom