• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Tab S2 & Side Sync App

RajCaj

Jul 12, 2011
I just wanted to check in to see if anyone else has tried this application on their Tab S2 yet.

At first, this application sounded really useful, and an answer to Apple's phone calling / texting capabilities between iPhones & WiFi iPads (you can answer a phone call or reply to a text from your iPad IF it has an internet connection and IF you have an iPhone / Apple ID)

I loaded the Side Sync app on my Tab S2 & my S4 and was able to get them synced up, but doesn't seem as useful as I originally thought. My impression was that this application would allow you to use your tablet to answer an incoming phone call, or make a phone call, if your phone is out of reach, in another room charging, etc. NOT the case, since you have to open the Side Sync app on the remote device for it to accept the connection from the tablet.

Also, I noticed that the performance of the device mirroring via Side Sync seems very laggy and unstable (looses connection). It's pretty neat....as you scroll through your phone's home screen in a small window on your tablet, and you can actually make / answer calls from the tablet once you've established a connection.....but again not useful if you have to have physical access to the phone in order to access it from your tablet.

Maybe my connection was bad because it's running on a 3yr old S4? Anyone else have any experience with this app?

Same thing for me, I was hoping to be able to send and receive text messages from my s2 SM-T813 but I ran into a dilemma, the NFC capabilities of the tab s2 weren't compatible with the note 4 SM-N910V. It's like they left out significant portions of the necessary settings content to enable NFC on the tab s2 nullifying the ability of using nearby to keep my cellphone from screen locking.

Screen locks are an impasse with side sync and the s2 with a note 4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones