• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gallery no WhatsApp Folder

You'll only find that folder if you have a picture that was sent to you in WA, Have you tested that with a photo someone sent you ?

How about in your storage? Use a file explorer and look for a WhatsApp folder in your internal storage or your removable card. If you find it look in the media subfolder inside it.

If it's there then the problem is that your gallery isn't seeing it, in which case check your gallery app's settings.

How about in your storage? Use a file explorer and look for a WhatsApp folder in your internal storage or your removable card. If you find it look in the media subfolder inside it.

If it's there then the problem is that your gallery isn't seeing it, in which case check your gallery app's settings.

I can find the pictures inside WhatsApp images folder via file explorer. But how can I allow that to be viewed in the gallery? Thanks.

Try a different gallery app.

I try different gallery apps sometimes and see folders and pictures I have never seen before lol

Samsung Gallery
Google Photos

I also have:

Piktures app

Many others in the Playstore

Also check your gallery app isn't set to ignore certain folders (e.g. you once accidentally hit "no" when it asked you whether to view a folder).

(Unlikely, but there isn't a file called .nomedia in the WhatsApp folder? Putting a file with that name there tells gallery app's to ignore the folder. The "." at the start means it's a hidden file, so you need to make sure your file explorer is set to show those).

Back
Top Bottom