• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Games

kmf

Android Enthusiast
Is there any buildup of unwanted data/cache while playing games on the Samsung Acclaim that should be deleted/cleared periodically for better phone performance? (Solitaire, Connect Four, Checkers, etc.)

I am not too sure, but the best way to check is to look at the cache in applications. You can also use one of the cache cleaner programs that clean all the cache on the phone. Hope this helps in any way!

Reactions: kmf
Thanks. There is a cache buildup. I went to settings/manage applications, and for each game there is a cache buildup that can be deleted. Easy to clear up.

One more thing, the Quick System Info Pro app, free, can set a widget on a homescreen to clear the cache in all your apps with one click. I use it all the time, its pretty time consuming to go through each app. Just in case you were interested! :)

Cwill,

Awesome app. I never really looked for something like this but so far it works great. I try and clear my program chache often but I always use mini info for it. This is so much easier.

Thanks.

Just wondering what resources this app uses. I've noticed performance hits with Advanced Task Killer because it is always running in the background, using memory, CPU, and battery. Wouldn't surprise me if it used network as well, to report usage stats. Just wondering how this one compares.

You have to manually uncheck the items in the settings so they dont run and then nothing runs except for the widget

Back
Top Bottom