• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gear 2?? How many have it?

mach1man

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2010
woods of VA
ok so I got my S5 on release day with verizon BUT I can't find a gear 2 in store anywhere!! My local verizon stores have none and don't know when they are getting them :( I wanna buy through verizon bc I get a discount on accessories but this is bumming me out that I can't find one.

So now that my little rant is over :D has anyone gotten a Gear 2 and how do you like it??

Can you order it online from the carrier, or has that sold out as well.

China Unicom in Xilinhot has the Gear 2 in stock. Won't be buying one though.

Verizon doesn't even show it on their website nor do they have it in store yet :mad: but everytime I talk to them online or over the phone they say its coming or that I can order it from them. BUT when I go to order they can't find the SKU :mad:

Upvote 0
I ordered my Gear 2 , from AMAZON and I love it. It just comes in so handy, in so many unexpected ways! Even though it's nearby, I don't feel so enslaved/handcuffed to my phone (pardon the pun) .

I love being able to quickly :
1. record a voice note,
2. reply to a text (with S voice, predefined text templates, or emoji)
3. snap a decent pic of fleeting moment
4. take a call while driving fussing w/ bluetooth headset
5. lower volume or change the channel when the remote control is MIA
6. at a glance determine if a tweet, or FB response can wait til later

really impressed and pleased with my decision. I say go for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones