• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geekbench & 3DMark, S20 Ultra vs S21 Ultra

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Normally I do not set a lot of store by benchmark tests but since I am briefly in possession of both the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 16GB/512GB and the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16GB/512GB, until I have to return the S20 for trade-in, I thought I would try a Geekbench 5 CPU benchmark test for the hell of it.

Both phones are the global Exynos model, G988B D/S and G998B D/S, on the latest non carrier branded, stock Samsung firmware, CUA3 and AUAC, and are both identically set up on 120 Hz and adaptive battery.

These are the results between the 2 devices...

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Exynos

56NbUJOm.png

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Exynos

94BjLsdm.png

Looks as though Samsung have improved on the Exynos 990 with the latest Exynos 2100. It helps make the £829/US$1,137/€939 to upgrade a little easier to bear.

Reactions: olbriar
Since I have still not been asked to return my Galaxy S20 Ultra for trade-in yet, I have compared the 3DMark Wild Life scores on it with the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Both phones are identically set up and running the latest stock, unbranded, Samsung firmware for CSC code BTU, (U.K.). S20 Ultra = CUA8. S21 Ultra = AUAC

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 3DMark Wild Life score...
4sG2HZVm.png

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 3DMark Wild Life score...
6yaSDVom.png

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones