• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get Home Screen Not By Pressing a Button

leegold

Lurker
Hi, new Galaxy S7 user, got used one and am happy with it. Question: Say phone sitting on table for minutes and screen went black, so I know can get Home screen by pressing home button or pressing power button once. But is there any other way?

What I wanted to do is get Home screen from "sleeping" phone via the touch screen, perhaps by drawing a pattern on the touch screen and not by depressing any button. Is there a way? Using Android ver 8 it says. Thanks.

Check in settings for something like double tap to wake or other functionality. In my phone the options show up under Settings | System | Gestures but I think samsung shuffles menu options around so you may have to hunt.
upload_2019-6-19_11-23-19.png

Thanks for the info above, I don't have Gestures menu but those options seem spread around in other menus, but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. ;)

OK, the link below is close to what I was asking about - it'll do it. I could not find the "Dexterity and Interaction" menu but then I searched on my phone for it and it's on my phone, must be buried in the settings somewhere and way suggested on the link works OK, would prefer double-tap though

https://androidwidgetcenter.com/and...disable-wave-to-wake-up-on-galaxy-s7-s7-edge/

very cool :^)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom