• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail App Force Closes Everytime

So I've had my Moto Cliq XT for about a month now and everything was running fine trying to findout all the cool stuff about smart phones and the amazing android os. But, within the kat few days I haven't received any new emails and whenever I open the gmail app it force closes no matter what. I've taken out the battery, sim card, and sd card multiple times. What should I do? I really don't want to do a full system wipe, but if that seems to be the only edy then I guess I will. Any suggestions?

Thanks In Advance!

nolberding

So now whenever I boot my phone or restart it, it automatically force close the gmail app.

Also, now whenever I am in the Android Market, hit the menu button and select notifications, the Android Market will force close as well.

If I need to do a full system restore someone please let me know. And if it is possible, how would I do a back up of the current settings and files I have on my phone currently?

Thanks In Advance,

nolberding

I forget the error message it gives but I use to get that also. My fix for it for the moment was to basically restore the factory settings and re enter my google account. It wouldn't just let me re-do the google account without restoring the factory settings. Though this may not be a permanent fix, the problem hasn't came back and it's been over a month. Crossing fingers.

Back
Top Bottom