• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail Instant Push Problem

I am a Samsung Galaxy S7 user on Verizon. I struggled for the better part of two years to get my Gmail working to my satisfaction. Namely, when someone sends me an email, I expect to get it in a very short time. I experienced the same problems that everyone posts about. The emails don't appear until you open the Gmail app. All of the comments about turning off power saver, deleting the app and reinstalling it, manually synching Gmail app did nothing.Many, many, many feedback responses to Google went unanswered. I tried all of the other apps like Blue Mail, Aqua Mail, K9 Mail, etc. And none worked any better. I then read aboutMicrosoft Outlook and its good reputation for instantly pushing emails for their clients. I went to my Windows 10 laptop and opened Outlook. I installed my Gmail as an IMAP/SMTP account. I then downloaded the Outlook app on my S7. I added my Gmail account as an IMAP/SMTP account. Problem solved. I now get my Gmail as soon as the sender pressesSend.

I hope this helps somebody else. My daughter did the same as me and she is thrilled to finally have a Gmail account with instant push.

Reactions: mydian

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones