• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail Is Killing My Battery (I Don't Even Use It or Sync It)

Dankees

Android Enthusiast
My phone keeps running GMail and killing my battery. My account is not set to sync. What is going on?

it may be running by default in the background because it's part of the Google Services Sync. if you got green icons (android 2.3) or blue (Android 4.0 and up) that means Google Services is enabled. to disable, go to settings-->accounts and sync and disable all of it. your email may not be set to sync but your normal Google Services Sync is on

Gmail is able to be uninstalled unlike traditional bloatware, right? I've never seen it installed as bloatware.

My phone does that as well, you can always remove Gmail from the applications or if its rooted you can remove it as well.

Just uninstall it. Although when I used it it never lost considerable battery unless I told it to sync very often, and when I lost data it would make so many retries that it would make the phone hot and battery life dropped fast

I don't think it is possible to uninstall gmail. If the sync is not the problem....just stay logged out of it. Probably that's the problem....keeps checking for new mails.

Back
Top Bottom