• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail:Typing/Voice Typing Woes. Words Disappear

monicakm

Android Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2012
I've been having this problem on my Razr (ICS) for quite some time. When typing OR voicing a Gmail email, my message will break apart or just all together disappear when I try to say or type a period (.) or other puncuation. Some of it might be totally disappear or parts of it will interject into different spots in the message I'm replying to. The only way to reply (and use punctuation) is to use my Logitech BT mini keyboard. It also does this starting a new message. I can use the default text program and if I'm emailing using the default email program I don't have these problems. Only using Gmail. Very aggravating! Oh, that's not the only time it happens. If I'm playing Dice with Buddies and type or voice a message to my opponent, it does it there as well. Sure hope someone can help!
Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones