• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Going around in a loop with HiSuite

Hi

I've previously had no issues with HiSuite nor my Ascend P7 phone, and have previously connected it to my laptop via USB without a problem.

A few days ago when plugging my phone in to USB on my laptop the machine (Windows 7) started HiSuite, and then promptly told me there were updates available to upgrade HiSuite to version 1.8.10.2806. I promptly updated and the system was going around in a loop of updating, then telling me there was an update.

I did this three times (thinking I was going mad) but when I looked at the updates screen of HiSuite it kept telling me I was on 1.8.10.2706 and the update was 1.8.10.2806.

Throughout all of this I kept receiving error prompts stating that HiSuite couldn't connect to my phone stating that "The HiSuite Dameon [sic] version and the HiSuite version is inconsistent,Update HiSuite Dameon [sic] now?"

The message prompt has an Ok and a Cancel button, but neither seems to do anything.

Today I tried running HiSuite as Administrator and it now seems to have the correct version number, but all other connection errors are exactly the same. I have attempted to connect via WiFi and that has worked, but I prefer to connect and use USB mode as it can charge the phone at the same time.

I did send an email to the feedback link at the top right of the HiSuite window but haven't had a reply yet.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any solutions? Tearing my hair out about this now. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom