• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going to flash myns warm 2.2, couple questions

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
I had posted a week ago that I was thinking about switching roms, now I am going to make the jump. Just have a couple of questions before I do so;

I see in myns thread over on xda, that I have to flash the radio/wimax updates in the thread, I am coming from airborne virusrom with netarchy 2.6.32.27. So will flashing the radios in his thread on xda brick my phone? I see that if you mess with radios you have to be extremely careful because that is a sure fire way to brick your phone.

And another question, if I start having issues with a rom, can I wipe dalvik/cache at anytime and still have a good rom? Meaning I can have the rom, boot into recovery wipe cache and reboot the phone and still have a working rom? Or is wiping cache/dalvik only if you are going to flash a new rom or reflash a rom?

Thanks guys

I had posted a week ago that I was thinking about switching roms, now I am going to make the jump. Just have a couple of questions before I do so;

I see in myns thread over on xda, that I have to flash the radio/wimax updates in the thread, I am coming from airborne virusrom with netarchy 2.6.32.27. So will flashing the radios in his thread on xda brick my phone? I see that if you mess with radios you have to be extremely careful because that is a sure fire way to brick your phone.

And another question, if I start having issues with a rom, can I wipe dalvik/cache at anytime and still have a good rom? Meaning I can have the rom, boot into recovery wipe cache and reboot the phone and still have a working rom? Or is wiping cache/dalvik only if you are going to flash a new rom or reflash a rom?

Thanks guys

You should look and see what your current radio version is before you flash a radio update. Chances are you have the latest and an update is not necessary. Boot into hboot and it will give you your current radio version. latest I believe is: 2.15.00.11.19. Not sure about the wimax because I don't mess with that.

Wiping cache partition and dalvik will not mess with your rom. It may actually fix any small bugs if you have any. After you wipe these though, you will have a slower boot up due to the phone rebuilding the cache. After the first boot it "should" be back to normal.

Thanks guys

Go to menu, settings, about phone and take a look at your radios. The poster above me posted the latest version. If you have that you should be good to go. If you don't flash the newest radios in that thread you seen them in. remember wipe cache then davlik before you flash radio.

when you flash a new rom you need to make sure you have a nandroid back up. then wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, then wipe davlik, then flash your rom. Everything should run smoothly. Since you already did all your wiping if there was any issues with the new rom it might not be cache or davlik related, but you can try wiping to see if it helps.

Are you using clockwork or RA recovery?

Back