• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Good Hardware for Device Emulation

Hi - I use Mac at work and had no problems running Android Studio. However, I tried running the emulator on our Windows 8 Dell family media center at home so I could fiddle around on the couch while relaxing. I was pretty disappointed to learn that my CPU does not support the required virtualization technology.

My old personal machine is also a MacBook, but I have been overall disappointed with Mac as the machine hardware is still good, but I can no longer use it due to the OS upgrade situation. My work MacBook has major glitches with the new retina display. My impression is that quality has gone down while cost has not.

I am interested in a less expensive Windows or Linux based hardware setup that people know is good for Android development? I equally dislike all operating systems for various reasons and do not intend this to be an OS debate. I would just be interested to learn what hardware people are using to develop Android applications. The answer could be "yes Mac is expensive, but it's still the best" or "use this or that Windows or Linux manufactured based laptop." Thanks so much in advance!

Peter

Back
Top Bottom