• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Goodbye OTA Notifications zv3!

hydroman202

I found a way to get zv3 on this phone and permanently silence the ota notifications!

1. First, after you manage to downgrade to zv3, (the twrp backup is on xda, i believe),
2. you restore it to the backup in twrp
3. boot into the system, download flashify from the google play store, and then install the stock recovery,
4. then proceed to download and install the ota, it will boot back into the os after that,
5. use flashify to reinstall the twrp.
6. This has only been tested on the tribute, and i will add that i bear no responsibility for bad results. try at your own risk, but please make a backup.

I silence the ota by removing bloat like gapps and virgin mobile app related crap. Havent gotten an ota since I first got the phone and rooted,rom'd it and took out everything at least that I didnt feel was needed. But for those who still want access to gapps I guess this is their best option.

I just unchecked notifications in Google Play Services on the app info page in settings>apps>
To verify long press on the notification for the update to pull up app info page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom