• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar sometimes duplicates location

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
I use the location field in Google Calendar to keep track of appointment locations and for easy navigation to those appointments. Sometimes I find that the location information had been duplicated, for example:

123 Main St, Anytown, CA, 90210, United States, 123 Main St, Anytown, CA, 90210, United States

As far as I know, this only happens when selecting a location suggested from my event history, but it doesn't happen every time I do so. Despite the duplication, bringing up Google Maps by tapping on the location field works fine. However, CoPilot doesn't know what to do with it, and neither do my tasker tasks that deal with calendar event locations.

After observing the problem with a specific event location, clearing the location field and starting to type the address again, I get two suggestions which *look* the same, but one of them includes the duplicated information, and there's seemingly no way to know which one is which.

How can I remove these duplicate entries from suggestions, and avoid them in the future?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones