• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Chrome Sync Reset - All browser data lost from the device

Gregory93

Lurker
Mar 28, 2020
Hello,

I'm having trouble with synchronization in Google Chrome. I haven't used this option for a long time, but now because of switching to a new phone I decided to use it. I turned on the synchronization of all chrome data on the old phone and the bookmarks went a bit crazy - some of them doubled, the folders got mixed up and some bookmarks which was deleted long time ago were restored - but ok, I didn't lose anything from the current data. After starting the new phone and updating the software, I also turned on chrome data synchronization and all the tabs loaded in the same form as on the old phone after synchronization, but there was no history, passwords etc. I thought there was something wrong with the synchronization, because it was still writing something that synchronization was not working and also I forgot my sync password. To restore the password and solve the problem, I decided to do the only option to restore the password - reset the synchronization, having in mind that I have this data on two phones, and Google clearly indicated that the data on the devices will not be deleted. Meanwhile, after sync reset I immediately lost all the bookmarks on both phones and all other chrome data on the old phone. How can I recover this data now? The old phone is Huawei P8 Lite (Android 6.0, EMUI 4.0.3), and the new is Huawei P Smart 2019 (Android 10, EMUI 10.0.0).

I will be very grateful for any help,
Best wishes

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones