• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Clock Alarm Off/Snooze Behaviour

cwcheese

I want to ask if anyone else is seeing an odd behaviour with the standard Google clock app alarm, regarding the Off & Snooze buttons when the alarm is triggered. I'm still running a Galaxy S10+ these days, am satisfied with it until I find an offer I can't refuse to upgrade.

I've noticed the functionality of the buttons keeps switching back and forth every few months from a slider to push buttons. Since two days ago, the alarm shutoff screen is a slider - slide right Off and slide left Snooze. But for the past 3 months it had been two distinct push buttons - Snooze on the left and Off on the right, with the action being a touch of either button.

Have seen it happen over and over several times in the past 3 years, and am curious whether it's tied to periodic updates or some feature that I'm not aware of; there is no setting that manages this behaviour. While the main function of the buttons isn't impaired, it's odd to wake up groggily trying to figure out if I should touch the Off button or slide the center button to turn Off. Only once had it impacted me, when it was in slider mode and I accidentally turned it on Snooze instead of Off, getting surprised a few minutes later while getting dressed and suddenly the alarm rings out again.

Back
Top Bottom