• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps Web via Chrome to Phone to Google Navigation (Phone)

Goodspike

Android Expert
Okay, in addition to messing up Google Navigation on the phone and Google Maps on the web, they've apparently totally broken using Chrome to Phone to send an address from your computer and then using Maps to navigate on your phone.

Am I missing something? Is there a work around? I want to open a link sent in Chrome to Phone and then navigate, but it keeps bringing up the Chrome browser, not Maps.

I think that Chrome-to-Phone was pretty much phased out once Chrome Sync was added to the mobile browser. Try PushBullet as a replacement.

That seems to just do the same thing--open it in the Chrome browser. I want to open the link in Google Maps so I can navigate.

Is there a way to get the Chrome Browser to open Google Maps? I know it will show in the History in Maps if you go to search, but I don't want to have to scroll through that entire list.

BTW, I like the Pushbullet Chrome extension on the computer, so that it shows the messages from your phone. That's great for when calls or texts come in.

That seems to just do the same thing--open it in the Chrome browser. I want to open the link in Google Maps so I can navigate.

Is there a way to get the Chrome Browser to open Google Maps? I know it will show in the History in Maps if you go to search, but I don't want to have to scroll through that entire list.

BTW, I like the Pushbullet Chrome extension on the computer, so that it shows the messages from your phone. That's great for when calls or texts come in.

Maps *should* be able to offer itself as a handler for maps.google.com URLs. I'd go into the Settings > Applications entry for Chrome and hit the Clear Defaults button just to make sure it's not registered as the default handler.

I tried that before with Chrome to Phone, and just tried again now with Pushbullet. The only two choices that come up are "Chrome" and "Internet" the latter of which is the stock Galaxy S4 browser.

If I bring up the PB screen on my desktop and copy and paste the address in as an address, it will bring up the right program, but that's sort of silly that you have to do that. Still, better than Chrome to Phone though.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Maps? It may need to re-register itself perhaps.

I just tested pushing a link from maps.Google.com to my phone via PushBullet.

7uzusa9e.jpg

I know that if you have your account synced on computer and phone that if you search an address on your computer it will show up in your recent search history in the maps app

How disappointing, I just tried this and I get the link and it asks if I want to use Chrome or the internet, but no Maps option (or CoPilot.) Once on the Maps site, there is no option to navigate. I have cleared defaults on Chrome, but no luck. Well that sucks!!

I wonder if it depends on the version of Google Maps on the desktop? I know that they dribbled that out, even though it's a webpage. People were complaining about the new desktop version for months before I had it.

Back
Top Bottom