• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Music. What am I doing wrong?

gale65

Android Enthusiast
I uploaded songs to my Google play account and they show up on my computer, but when I open the app on my phone, there's no music. Just the links to learn how to use it. I refreshed it and I'm signed in to my Google account. Am I missing a step?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It has an issue with syncing on the phone sometimes. Usually uninstalling and then reinstalling the app on the phone fixes the problem.

In Google music settings on the phone is it set to just show music on device? If it is it won't show the music on the Google server.

That was quick! Thanks - I had to manually sync a few times and they finally showed up. My ipod touch will be obsolete soon. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

While we're bean-dipping, I was in Southeast Asia in 1983 and bought the Sony Discman D-50 before it was released in the United States. That and two discs. When I got back to America I was the bomb-diggity with a PORTABLE CD PLAYER! The first one ever made: no one had seen anything like it. People would stop me and just marvel at it :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SwiftKey Flow

I threw on a cassette from a band that sent it with the album I had bought from them and was blow away at how horrible that format sounds. Also, I need new stereo equipment for my room.

Next time that happens to into Settings>Apps>Play Music and clear cache and app data. Open the app and wait for the sync. That will force the music to re-sync.

Make sure that in the app the Download via WiFi is toggled off. Happens every now and then. This also fixes the issue when a song stops playing and jumps to the next one before the actual end of the song.

Honestly, I do love my ipod. Partly because I'm used to how to work it and partly because the battery life is amazing compared to my phone. So I'm still using it quite a bit for music and reading.

If I ever upgrade to a new phone it'll probably be for better battery life.

Back