• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Navigation in UK on N1

how frustating! i will have to wait for a workaround to be found.. i have found a few posts from people who claim to have it working but no real proof yet!

Friend of mine had it working on the HTC magic - don't ask me how.

Not worth it though, it seemed very medicore to say the least. The voice instructions were pretty much unintelligable.

When copilot is about

I scanned down that article and it seems that that particular workaround might have been closed, so I would be interested to hear if it worked for you. I did see on another forum a UK nexus user saying that he had it working no problem but can't for the life of me find that post so I can ask him how he did it.. I will keep looking. Let me know how you get on..

Just checked with another user on another forum and got the following response

"Guys, this DOES work (I have it working on mine). Like @cxm says above, a little Googling will produce the answer. There is a "hacked" map out there that you can install but make sure it's version 3.3.1 brut_but_no_root_3 (this will place 2 map icons on your list but there is nothing to distinguish which one is the stock and which is the re-jigged version ), install it with ApkInstall, you also need to download SpeechSynthesis Data installer (available in the Market). When you open the newly installed map and get directions the option to navigate will appear. Click on it and it works. The one little bug that I noticed is that the 1st time you navigate you get no voice directions. By pressing the "back" key and pressing the "navigate" link a 2nd time the voice then comes on line.

Happy tinkering !"

looks like it will work albeit with the odd quirk

Back
Top Bottom