• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now/Search "Hotword"

JasonC

Android Enthusiast
Hi All,

Has anyone got the "Hotword" detection working on their Nexus 7? I've looked in the settings under Google Now where it says the setting should be but, the setting is just not there!

Are you referring to saying "Google" to activate voice search?

If so, it's not available in the UK :( Don't know why. If you want you could change a language setting to US (Can't remember which one it is), though then I think dictation accuracy will be hindered as it'll be listening for US dialect!

Are you referring to saying "Google" to activate voice search?

If so, it's not available in the UK :( Don't know why. If you want you could change a language setting to US (Can't remember which one it is), though then I think dictation accuracy will be hindered as it'll be listening for US dialect!

Yes you were correct I had to change the language to US English :( I'll live without the hotword for now.

Search & Voice Actions basics - Nexus Help

yeah when you have a question like this you just ask google!

Yes I did and didn't find the answer, and the article you found doesn't answer my question either lol. These are just the same instructions as per the Nexus 7 guide which I have gone through and there is no mention of changing the tablet to US English to make the setting appear.

Back
Top Bottom