• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google photos and other devices?

I take pictures quite a lot. They end up in my gallery and google photos.

How do I access these photos on my iPad? And do the pictures sync?

Thanks
Install the the Google Photos app for iOS on your iPad, and yes it will sync with the photo library in your online Google account.

As a stop gap you can also just use your iPad's browser and log into your account at:
https://photos.google.com

Reactions: joe71
Upvote 0
Photos you take with any device only sync one way ... to the cloud. Although you can access them all, they only reside on the device that took them in the first place. If you want them locally too, you have to download them manually.

Yup.. but just to clarify

When I take photos with one device, They get uploaded to the cloud. If I then use the photos app on another device, i can see all of the thumbnails.. and then open any of them. I do need a network connection but I don't need to manually download them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones