• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play issues

Dex

Android Enthusiast
I've had several issues with multiple Xyboards with the Google Play store and it having trouble downloading apps.

On at least two different devices, both enabled on VZW, there have been issues with it's ability to download apps from the Google Play Store. Neither over working WiFi, not on mobile data could they download the apps. Access to the Play Store is possible, browsing of the web is possible, however when it comes to actually DOWNOADING THE APPS.... everything falls apart.

My XYBOARD is a VZW branded one (DROID XYBOARD 10.1 16GB,running stock un-rooted ANDROID 4.0.4 ICS)

I've only used it on WI-FI & haven't activated it to use VZW's network & have never had any problems w/using or downloading from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

Hope this is of some help in troubleshooting your tablet/network/PLAY STORE issues.

I've got the 10.1 16GB XYBoard also, but I too am having no luck downloading or updating any of my apps via 4G or Wi-Fi connection. Everything else works fine. I am not sure what the issue is yet but it is aggrivating. Hoping to hear more from others on how Flash Player and ICS are working out on the boards before I update that.

I've got the 10.1 16GB XYBoard also, but I too am having no luck downloading or updating any of my apps via 4G or Wi-Fi connection. Everything else works fine. I am not sure what the issue is yet but it is aggrivating. Hoping to hear more from others on how Flash Player and ICS are working out on the boards before I update that.

I've had no problems w/GOOGLE PLAY STORE or playing FLASH content since the ICS upgrade.

I'd take a thorough look through all of your settings,especially in the WIFI/DATA sections, the GOOGLE PLAY STORE settings, & the stock browser settings.

If you've already checked out the various settings, perhaps try un-installing the updates to the GOOGLE PLAY STORE & re-install the updates when prompted.
Same line of thought for the stock browser,reset to the default settings & see if anything changes.

Back
Top Bottom