• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Playstore is not showing icons of apps on Wifi only

I'm using Motorola Droid Turbo and when i open play store for downloading apps it does not shows the icons of apps that are installed and that are on store for download but it only happens when i'm on Wi-fi but when i'm using mobile data it works fine all icons are displayed.And when i use Vpn on Wi-fi it displays icons.Recently i have switched to new ISP after that it started to happen on all mobile phones in my house.
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-17 at 12.50.08 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-17 at 12.50.09 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-17 at 12.50.09 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-17 at 12.50.10 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-17 at 12.50.10 AM.jpeg

Wow, that is odd. Try all the basic steps first, restart your phone and your router. Since this missing icon issue does appear to be tied to your home WiFi network, focus on that. You should also try wiping the cache for the Google Play Store app and the Google Play Services app.

If after all that the problem is still occurring, you should look into your router's settings menu. What kind of router do you have, is it an ISP-supplied modem/router unit or do you have your own separate router?

I think it's a bug with your vpn, and Google servers

Actually it sounds to me like the VPN and Google is working correctly, as the icons are showing with the VPN. Because I know if I don't use a VPN, I see absolutely nothing from Google Play.

I suggest the problem is almost certainly with the new ISP as all connected devices are affected. Maybe a problem with their routing or local caching? A misconfigured firewall?

OP did you reset your router after switching ISP?

Last edited:
i have tried everything resetting router to factory defaults and even updated the Firmware but nothing seems to be working.And i am using TP-Link WR740N router. I have also factory reset my phone but still the problem continues.

Last edited:
i have tried everything resetting router to factory defaults and even updated the Firmware but nothing seems to be working.And i am using TP-Link WR740N router. I have also factory reset my phone but still the problem continues.
Since all your devices are affected, AND this problem began after changing ISPs, my advice is to contact the ISP. They should be able to do some troubleshooting, but more likely they'll need to send a technician out to diagnose the problem.

Back
Top Bottom