• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google search and google keyboard problem. please help

Which device do you have? This forum is for the 2010 HTC Desire (just "Desire", not "Desire xxx"), so almost certainly not the device you have. And I think I'm probably the last person still watching this forum, and I have never used the Google keyboard app. Hence you'd probably get a better response if you posted it in your own device's forum.

(Incidentally, just watching with sound off it wasn't completely clear what the problem was. I much prefer descriptions to videos as they are much quicker to read and don't disturb other people or require putting headphones on).

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Hard to be sure that it's a problem with keyboard rather than with selecting the text. Have you tried a different keyboard, to see whether that makes any difference? And is it only in the Google search bar or do you have the same with other text entry fields? If it's just in that app it may be a feature of the Google Search app rather than the keyboard (can't test as I uninstall Google Search from all of my devices).

Upvote 0
OK, we don't even have a forum for that device. I'll ask one of the moderators if they can move this thread to a more general location (Android Questions or Android Applications) where more people will see it.
Thanks for the tip Hadron. I moved this to the Android Questions forum to get more eyes on it. Good luck. :)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Hi,
Go to settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data.

Go to settings>storage>apps> google keyboard> force stop> clear data> uninstall updates.
Open google play store menu my maps and games update google keyboard.

Go to settings>storage>apps>Google> force stop >manage space >clear data.
This remove all widgets and shortcuts from home screen.
Go to settings>storage>apps>google play services> manage space >clear data.

Wait sometime for load data.
Reboot /restart device.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Go to settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data.

Go to settings>storage>apps> google keyboard> force stop> clear data> uninstall updates.
Open google play store menu my maps and games update google keyboard.

Go to settings>storage>apps>Google> force stop >manage space >clear data.
This remove all widgets and shortcuts from home screen.
Go to settings>storage>apps>google play services> manage space >clear data.

Wait sometime for load data.
Reboot /restart device.
No luck, anything else I can try¿

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones