• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GoSmart Mobile Question

MrLaserman

Do all T-Mobile phones automatically work on GoSmart Mobile? Any need for a T-Mobile phone to be unlocked first?

I'm assuming there would not be a problem with porting a T-Mobile number to GoSmart.

Coverage maps however show slight differences in coverage from Tmo to GoSmart... any idea why since GoSmart is owned by Tmo and runs on Tmo's network? Is that some sort of Priority thing?

Would it all be better done at a store or would online be just as easy... GoSmart seems to be weak in web site info and support.

Thanks!

Do all T-Mobile phones automatically work on GoSmart Mobile? Any need for a T-Mobile phone to be unlocked first?

I'm assuming there would not be a problem with porting a T-Mobile number to GoSmart.

Coverage maps however show slight differences in coverage from Tmo to GoSmart... any idea why since GoSmart is owned by Tmo and runs on Tmo's network? Is that some sort of Priority thing?

Would it all be better done at a store or would online be just as easy... GoSmart seems to be weak in web site info and support.

Thanks!

Most companies that are under the hands of a larger carrier get lower priority. For example, boost mobile is a secondary company of sprint. But on the towers if things get congested the first people to be dropped from the tower are boost mobile customers. The same might go for go smart, but not definitely for sure.

All T-Mobile phones "should" work, including phones locked to the T-Mobile network. As always, though, YMMV.

There should be no trouble porting a number over, from what I know.

The difference in the coverage maps is roaming areas, there is no roaming on GoSmart. If you notice, the pink part of the T-Mobile map are the same as the GoSmart map, and the purple areas on the T-Mobile map are the roaming areas.

As for website or store, I can't help you. Do whichever works the best for you.

Back
Top Bottom