• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my hands on an Infinity

theandies

Android Enthusiast
Jan 15, 2011
Warrenton, Va
A Friend just bought one and we compared it to my Prime side by side. It's a nice tablet but the internals must be drastically different because the ports, the volume rocker and the speaker holes are different. The volume rocker is on the top right corner, the earphone jack and HDMI port are on the lower left corner and there are less speaker holes than the Primes.
We then put the same home screen wallpapers up with brightness turned all the way up and IPS mode on. There were slight differences with the Infinity able to produce better small details but overall the Primes screen looked comparable. What I didn't like about the Infinity was the plastic RF window on the back. It just looked cheap to me. I think Asus should have put the antennas behind the Asus logo like Apple does. It just looks weird to me. Overall the tablet is nice but we really didn't compare performance because she just bought it and it wasn't fully charged (just the small factory charge). We will be doing side by side comparison soon enough and I'll post up what we discover here.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones