• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got my tbolt, now to root?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Hey everyone, figure I will do a little introduction...

I just came to vzw from sprint, I had been with them for 10+ years but since sprint launched the iphone their data speeds have become un-usable. So I ended up taking over someone elses vzw account with unlimited data (which now that I look at it, I really dont use that much data. After roughly 4 days I am barely over 1gb.)

But anyways my root question, like I said I came from sprint and there was always a big scare about rooting/flashing roms that you *could* lose your 4g keys, is that even a possibility with verizon? Also my phone is running hboot 1.4 with baseband 1.48. Do I have to htcdev to root?

Thanks!

1GB in 4 days??? That is a decent amount of data... that means you would go over the 4GB limit new users get in 16 days.

But LTE 4g does not work like sprints wi-max network. The 4g works off the SIM card/LTE chip, no keys involved. The thunderbolt has two radios, so I know flashing roms can be a little trickier than some other phones.

I'm not sure about root on the t-bolt, I'll let someone else chime in on that if you can't the info in the root sticky at the top of the forum.

1GB in 4 days??? That is a decent amount of data... that means you would go over the 4GB limit new users get in 16 days.

But LTE 4g does not work like sprints wi-max network. The 4g works off the SIM card/LTE chip, no keys involved. The thunderbolt has two radios, so I know flashing roms can be a little trickier than some other phones.

I'm not sure about root on the t-bolt, I'll let someone else chime in on that if you can't the info in the root sticky at the top of the forum.

Well that 1gb was alot of me doing different tests on the 4g network, like seeing how good video streaming was from different areas around town..etc. Now that my data usage has settled in I think I would be right around 5gb a month. So I could've went with the $50 10gb plan and had pleanty left over. But oh well.

And ok,thanks. I will check out the stickies. I always just like to ask first because it always seems like there is something new that comes up and people are like "oh no,on that baseboard DO NOT do that...,ect".

Thanks again!

Back