• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gotta love Motorola tech support.

DGRYAN1977

I am having some issues with my new D2 (which they cant solve) and when I asked about battery life the tech replied
"Dont plug it in if there is any battery left"
That it? Thats their advice?

Not much they can do. Its a lithium battery so its best not to charge unless your battery is 50% or less. There's some tweaking to settings and if that doesn't do it for you get a extended battery.

Not much they can do. Its a lithium battery so its best not to charge unless your battery is 50% or less. There's some tweaking to settings and if that doesn't do it for you get a extended battery.

A lithium ion battery doesn't develop a memory, and as such, doesn't care what % it gets plugged in at. Some suggest that it's good to fully drain the battery a few times during the initial few charge cycles, but after that, the battery really doesn't care.

From what I've heard its not good to fully drain except maybe once every few months. I was saying its not good to charge 80% to 100% regularly.

I do full drains from time to time. Li batt do not require it, but I do it anyways.

Tell VZW that the phone just won't charge at all and you can't go to a store - they will send you a new batt. or a new phone.
Done deal.

Back
Top Bottom