• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS Daemon system app?

R8a8idF

Pre-installed Android system app. GPS Daemon. What is it? Didnt notice it till my NetGuard firewall brought it to my attention. Cant find it or make any changes to it in the app settings on my device. Any insight? Anyone know what it is or what it does or how to configure it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190526-103332_NetGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526-103332_NetGuard.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,091
A daemon is linux terminology for a background process, i.e. one that is not controlled by the user. They are commonly used to provide system services. So yeah, GPS daemon is something that's supposed to be there and you are not supposed to fiddle with it. Your only interaction should be via the location settings in the system menu.

It's nothing to worry about (nor is the DNS daemon I also see listed there - your internet connection relies on that one).

Pre-installed Android system app. GPS Daemon. What is it? Didnt notice it till my NetGuard firewall brought it to my attention. Cant find it or make any changes to it in the app settings on my device. Any insight? Anyone know what it is or what it does or how to configure it?

Thank you! Excellent answer! Is there somewhere to learn more about these programs?

Back
Top Bottom