• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Group email

HTTR

Android Enthusiast
Is there a way to set up a group email that actually works? I have tried everything.

If you use the standard app with IMAP to Gmail, your Gmail groups work without a hitch. I use the standard app for group emails and the Gmail app for the rest of the time.

If you use the standard app with IMAP to Gmail, your Gmail groups work without a hitch. I use the standard app for group emails and the Gmail app for the rest of the time.

Not sure what you mean? I have groups saved in my contacts which work fine from my computer but when I compose a message on my droid phone I cannot access them??

Not sure what you mean? I have groups saved in my contacts which work fine from my computer but when I compose a message on my droid phone I cannot access them??

If I say something you already understand ... please for give me, but I want to give you details so you can accomplish using groups.

There are two email apps available on the Razr. One is Gmail (from Google) and the Icon actually says Gmail. This app for some very strange reason does not support groups. The other app (standard app provided by Motorola I guess) has an Icon labeled Email. This app, if set up to access your Gmail account, will provide groups.

When creating a new email in the standard app (Email icon), you simply type in the group name in the To: field and group name will appear with the word Group in parenthesis. Select the group and everyone in the group will be included in the email.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

Back
Top Bottom