• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Grouping contacts in Outlook not syncing right on phone

Hello,

I use an exchange hosted mail system (Exchange 2010) for my email/contacts/calendar and ive recently moved to a new state. I have my California Contacts and my Georgia Contacts. So i decided one day to create 2 groups in Outlook for my contacts and hand sorted them to the right folder. About an hour later my contacts started disappearing off my Incredible only leaving my facebook contacts. I can see my contacts fine in OWA and Outlook but i cannot see them on my phone. So i had to throw all my contacts back in the default "Contacts" folder. And then they all came back to my Incredible.

Is there some checkbox somewhere i need to check to allow groups to be shown? or is it not supported?

whats the deal?

thanks!!

Have you tried creating the groups in the Contact app first (second icon on bottom left of the contacts app)? I currently have 9 different groups and they all work fine. As far as creating separate folders, I am not aware how that would work. I believe the app just creates a flag (for a group) and applies it to a contact. Also, as I mentioned, it has a separate icon for groups so that it can be accessed easily.

Hello,

I think I have a similar issue...have a HTC Sensation 4G and it isn't syncing all the contacts from Outlook. Under "My Contacts" in Outlook I have three folders....one: Suggested Contacts, two: Contacts and three: Test. The Test folder with contacts isn't syncing automatically with the phone but the other two are. I have another phone...Motorola Atrix 4G that syncs all contact folders automatically.

Does HTC Sync just not support this or?

Back