• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] Question about EVO 3d rom

EmeraldNova

Jan 30, 2013
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you knew a light rom compatible with HTV Evo 3d gsm (hboot 1.53) that can handle (and be compatible) with many many apps for my phone? Like I have more than 70 apps and my phone is starting to slow down.. Also for some reason I checked my phone and it says I am not rooted when i followed instructions to do so earlier? (I am on a shipped shooteru rom)

Brian and Scotty, I know you guys know my situation best so any help would be much appreciated!

Anshuman

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you knew a light rom compatible with HTV Evo 3d gsm (hboot 1.53) that can handle (and be compatible) with many many apps for my phone? Like I have more than 70 apps and my phone is starting to slow down.. Also for some reason I checked my phone and it says I am not rooted when i followed instructions to do so earlier? (I am on a shipped shooteru rom)

Brian and Scotty, I know you guys know my situation best so any help would be much appreciated!

Anshuman

as far as not being rooted,did you install the supersu zip in recovery?

as far as the rom-sense based roms are heavy. the sense UI is very heavily intertwined with the android OS,and theres not a whole lot you can do to lighten it up much,while keeping the widgets and funtionality of sense,and 3d.

my best recomendation for a light rom would be to try an AOSP rom,but looks like most of them are requiring hboot 1.49. may be worth while to become s off,so you could back track to 1.49 firmware. then you could try this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2222148

if you want to stay with a stockish rom,you might try getting a quality microsd card and move a bunch of your apps to it. clearing the caches always seems to help speed things up a lil when my phones seems to slow down.

Reactions: EmeraldNova
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones