• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GTMax 3500mAh battery working GREAT...

Xphyle

Oct 13, 2011
Hey all,

With all the talk of extended batteries for the GSII AT&T US version, I figured I'd throw my 2 cents into the pot.

I picked up the battery linked below from Amazon and so far, it has been STELLAR. It fits the phone fine, it charges INSIDE THE PHONE fine, and it has been lasting me FOREVER. Seriously, with the OEM battery I found that with the surfing, texting, and talking I had been doing on a daily basis, I always had to plug in or my battery wouldn't make it. With this new battery, I haven't even been able to get it to drain completely. Maybe down to 25% at the end of the day. Takes a while to charge it back up completely, but man, this thing goes FOREVER.

Amazon.com: GTMax High Capacity Extended Replacement Battery (3500mAh) + Black Cover (Free Gift BlueMall Neck Strap Lanyard) for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SII / S 2 i9100 / i777 G4: Cell Phones & Accessories

The only negatives are, it took like a week to receive, and the replacement battery door could be made a little better. Don't get me wrong, it fits, and snaps into place fine, but it's not as good a fit as the OEM back. That said, it has never come off or anything like that. It's just your run of the mill black plastic back cover.

Hope that helps. It was cheap as F! $15.97 shipped!

X

Reactions: iehawk and SGS2
on a 1 to 10, what is the fit quality of the battery door?

that low price seems like it is too low, especially with mungen @ $100 and seidio planning on selling theirs for $70 (seidio has not been released yet as of 11/20/2011).

i wonder if we could separately buy the best battery door, then buy the cheapest battery instead of a complete kit. that sure would be the best of all worlds, and since i bet the batteries have the basic same design, they may all be interchangable... maybe not.

thanks..

Upvote 0
on a 1 to 10, what is the fit quality of the battery door?

that low price seems like it is too low, especially with mungen @ $100 and seidio planning on selling theirs for $70 (seidio has not been released yet as of 11/20/2011).

i wonder if we could separately buy the best battery door, then buy the cheapest battery instead of a complete kit. that sure would be the best of all worlds, and since i bet the batteries have the basic same design, they may all be interchangable... maybe not.

thanks..

Well, I guess i would have to say 8 out of 10? I mean the function of a battery door is to hold the battery in place. And it does this just fine. I've never had the door fall off, and the battery doesn't slide around or anything like that. So I guess you could say it does its job.

And to add, the battery is still working like a champ. I've not been able to get close to completely draining the thing after a full day of surfing, gaming, phoning, etc. Absolutely no regrets.

Reactions: SGS2
Upvote 0
Hi all.

I'm new and thought I added something here. I just ordered one for T-Mobile's Galaxy S2 (989) for $16, tax and shipping included. Supposed to arrive on 2/2/12. Will add to the report then.

On that note, I noticed a question asked about the NFC capability. Is it on the OEM battery, that when you replace it, it would pretty much be disabled?

Upvote 0
Hi all.

I'm new and thought I added something here. I just ordered one for T-Mobile's Galaxy S2 (989) for $16, tax and shipping included. Supposed to arrive on 2/2/12. Will add to the report then.

On that note, I noticed a question asked about the NFC capability. Is it on the OEM battery, that when you replace it, it would pretty much be disabled?

Yeap, the NFC is inside the battery (OEM). The GTMax battery has no NFC capability.

Upvote 0
I just realized that I've been posting under the wrong Galaxy S2, mine is the T-Mobile version. I've moved my more model-specific review to the correct model.

I've posted the Battery Use photo. If you want to see, here's the link: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...rience-gtmax-3500mah-battery.html#post3911010

I did order the GTmax 3500mAh battery as well, arrived last week on Friday. I finished my 2nd full charge last night and I've been very happy with the battery so far. I got 38 hours (down to 7%). And the case looks like a good match to the phone, even though it looks a bit generic (no texture).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones