• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Insignia Flex 8" NS-14T002 - ADB on Linux

Sepero

Linux Guru
Aug 26, 2010
Click here for How to Root Insignia Flex 8

Merry Christmas, I recently got this tablet. This advice is only for NS-14T002 (as far as I know). How to get ADB access.

Enable USB Debugging

1. Start your tablet
  2. Go into Settings > About tablet
  3. Tap on "Build number" 7 times. It will enable a new menu "Developer options"
  4. Go into Developer options
  5. Turn USB Debugging on

ADB Access
I got the information on getting adb access here. It basically goes like this on your computer:
Code:
echo "0x2207" >> ~/.android/adb_usb.ini
echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2207", MODE="0666"' | sudo tee -a /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
sudo udevadm control --reload-rules
For these next commands, you will need the linux adb binary. Reconnect your tablet via usb and run these commands:

Code:
adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb devices
You should see your device listed under "List of devices attached". You can now access the tablet terminal shell with "adb shell".

PS.
This tablet is also mistaken for model NS-14TOO2 (Someone in marketing put "OO" on the box instead of "00" zero zero). You will find NS-14T002 under the model in the device settings.

Reactions: andro1d5

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones