• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hackers Keybord where's the question mark?

I have installed Hacker's Keyboard, and I think for the most part it's really great. The biggest reason I use it is because of the 4 cursor control keys. Also it has a better selection of punctuation then most other Android keyboards.

However, when using the five row keyboard, there is a sixth row above the keyboard that has all the punctuation marks. When I start typing, that row disappears in favor of showing you the word that you are typing.

There are many keys that serve multiple functions, if you press and hold a key a little pop-up allows you to select alternate things but none are a question mark.

Does anyone know of a better keyboard that allows the punctuation to still stay visible while typing and has cursor control?

Thanks, Mark.

Great choice of keyboards, @Cool Javelin! I've used Hacker's...forever!

You just need to check your settings. They're causing the disappearing top row you're describing--but that's irrelevant for your question: the question mark is on [long-press][/]. Per my settings, this is how my keyboard always looks--with no disappearing rows--and the '/' is where it should be:

HackersKeyboard_portrait_normal.jpg

Remember, Hacker's strives to replicate a real, physical, computer keyboard, so if you set it appropriately, it will be as close to a real keyboard as you're likely to find.

I use the above configuration, but here it is with its alt keys labelled:

HackersKeyboard_portrait_labels.jpg

Back
Top Bottom